Are you an older teen or adult who finally wants to address your overlapping or crooked teeth but can’t imagine how braces will fit into your busy lifestyle? The dentists at Vision Dental Mar Vista are proud to introduce a discreet alternative to braces that allows you to straighten your smile without a mouth full of brackets and wires.
Invisalign® Clear Aligners in Mar Vista, CA
Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic solution that eliminates the need for brackets and wires. Instead of traditional braces hardware, Invisalign uses clear aligners to gently and consistently move teeth safely into alignment.
Invisalign treats many orthodontic issues, including:
- Overlapping, overcrowded teeth
- Protrusion (bucked teeth or bunny teeth)
- Uneven spacing between teeth
In some complex bite-related cases, traditional orthodontics may be a better option for you. If that is the case, our Mar Vista dentist will refer you to a specialist orthodontist who can help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
Benefits of Invisalign Orthodontics
Invisalign has steadily gained in popularity over the decades. The Invisalign software and treatment planning services are highly effective for most patients and provide stunning results. But the benefits that patients enjoy most include:
Removable – You can remove your aligners for a couple of hours if you need to give a presentation at work or have an upcoming special event. You can also remove them to eat meals and clean your teeth, which means no dietary restrictions.
Smooth and comfortable – Instead of rough brackets that irritate the gums and cheek tissue, Invisalign is made of smooth plastic. This eliminates the “scratches” on the inside of your mouth caused by brackets.
Fewer visits – You will have fewer follow-up appointments because you can change your aligners at home instead of coming to our Mar Vista dental office for orthodontic adjustments. Your Mar Vista dentist will check your progress every month or two to ensure your treatment stays on track.
Your Commitment to Invisalign
For any orthodontic treatment to be a success, you need to do your part to achieve your dream smile.
Invisalign is super easy to use, and there are only a few guidelines:
- Keep aligners clean – After eating, clean your aligners before putting them back in your mouth to prevent gum disease and tooth decay.
- Wear your aligners – We recommend wearing your aligners for at least 22 hours per day for success!
- Keep your Invisalign away from pets – Your pets love you and sometimes want to eat things that smell like you. Keep aligners away from pets and hot vehicles to prevent damage.
- Maintain your follow-up appointments – We want to make sure you achieve outstanding results. It’s essential to stay on track with your routine visits to monitor your progress and make adjustments as necessary.
Are You Interested in Invisalign?
Contact Vision dental Mar Vista to learn more about modern orthodontics and discover if Invisalign is right for you! If you’re an adult wondering if it’s worth it to correct your bite and teeth alignment, we welcome your questions. Contact us to learn more or to book a consultation.